Weekend Retreats for pattern drafting and sewing.
Join Maria and have the mystery taken out of pattern and garment making for 3 weekend retreats starting late June or early July 2019 dates to be decided by the class. For more information please feel free to contact Maria 705 487-2328.
Drafting kit is required; may be purchased on the kits/distance learning page.
Or directly from Maria. The classes will be held at Maria's home studio located at 23 Grandview Cres. Oro-Medonte ON.
- Taking and recording measurements that will complete the measurement chart provided
- Using recorded measurements students will draft life size patterns of tops
- Using recorded measurements students will draft life size patterns of dresses
- Mark patterns accordingly and cut muslin mock ups
- Fit muslin on each other to make the necessary adjustments for a perfect fit
- Make adjustments to paper pattern reflecting any body issues
- Draft tops with different base dart positioning as a challenge to students
- Complete a lined bolero for grading