Saturday was the welt storyboard and finalizing the pattern pieces for the pants, they cut them out at home and marked them in class on Sunday, they proceeded with the construction.
- Tailor tack pressing line/darts/pocket placement
- Darts/pleats – interface the welt pocket opening if the pocket cut through it
- Pin tucks on pants front
- Pockets – welt and front following storyboards
- Tabs on front
- Yoke if used – interface the yoke before installing
- Finishing – facing/waistband/yoke
Next class is November 3 and 4, 2018 to learn the Dolman sleeves and possibly the Raglan. We will be starting with page 80 to learn about the sloper line and its placement also how to draft a front and back from the front draft only and then continue with variations of the Dolman sleeve. Please bring some inexpensive stretch fabric and rib knit to class to make a top of your choice with a Dolman or Raglan sleeve a finished neckline and cuffs.