Sunday was another very fast, productive day with the mock up sewing first thing that, and get this in one hour they marked and sewed together the mock ups!! Only one hour with no pins either! Both Peggy and Karen were very happy with the end result there were very minimal adjustments to make as a result of the fitting. Great job ladies! They even installed their first set-in sleeve, see pic below what a great job they did with only ONE pin!!!!
Sarada is getting closer to a perfect fit, because bodies are not uniform or standard it sometimes takes a bit of work before it finally gels and the mock up fits perfectly. Patience is the key in this department....
Karen and Peggy:
I gave students a choice of homework assignments, they chose to draft Empire cut dress on page 77. They are going to figure it out on their own, if there is time I would love to see them also draft a princess seam dress using different measurements, create a mock up and fit the body transferring the adjustments to the master pattern and pattern pieces as we did in class with their mock ups. Ideally adding a sleeve to this mock up or to the empire cut dress would go a long way in solidifying today’s lesson.
is to complete the adjustments on the mock up as it was too large this time, last time it was too tight so we have to find a middle ground to make the garment fit properly before we move on. By Sunday afternoon everyone was tired and she chose to focus on this task instead of moving forward with the sleeve. She will be caught up by the next class.
unfortunately was too ill to attend any classes this weekend, homework is to re-do the initial draft once again with different measurements just to keep it fresh in the brain, I hope we can make up the work at some point before the next class.
Next class is May 12 and 13 I will let students know what to bring closer to the date.