Just to re-cap the Dolman sleeve:
- Add sloper line from shoulder point to the sleeve length
- Measure down 5 cm and connect the front shoulder to the wrist
- Draw a right angle (using the previous line as an anchor) for the wrist
- At the side seam measure down 8 to 10 cm or whatever works for the wearer, from point D and connect to bottom of wrist
- Increase the neckline by 3 cm at the centre front and re-draw neckline
- Lower centre front 1.5 cm and re-draw hemline
- To separate sleeve measure down 5 cm from point C down the arm and mark
- Connect to side seam using French curve.
- Add the back by raising point A 1 cm and raising the whole length of the arm 1 cm
- Curve slightly to shape the back neckline
- Trace pattern pieces
- Sleeve pattern pieces will be joined to form one sleeve instead of two halves, eliminating the need for a seam
- Once sleeve is completed and is seen open, add 2 cm ease to each side and re-draw the end as shown in graphic on page 84
Have a great couple of weeks!