The class learns how to sew without any pins or in some extreme cases a few pins making them gain confidence and speeding up the sewing exponentially! By the end they are saying "look Ma, no pins!" Making me a very happy "Ma" LOL!
This latest group of students did a phenomenal job with all their assignments including homework, yes there is homework.....
Let me re-cap the progress made in only 60 short hours of instruction time the class did the following:
- took new measurements
- drafted and cut and sewed a princess seam jacket (mock up)
- raglan sleeve knit top (mock up)
- dolman sleeve draft
- cap sleeve draft
- raglan sleeve for wovens
- two piece sleeve for the jacket creating a storyboards and sewed it to the jacket
- learned the pants draft front creating a storyboard
- from the front they learned how to draft a back
- cut and sewed several mock ups to perfect the fit
- cut and sewed a pair of perfect fitting pants that they could wear home if they chose
In between this there was a day off and a couple of shopping trips not to mention the time spent analyzing patterns and discussing fit issues as well as having our mandatory cappuccino a couple of times a day, gotta have some perks!
Anyway it was truly my privilege to have such talented ladies here to share knowledge with, I learned just as much as they did just by working with the different body types to figure out more fit issues, I look forward to the next intensive program.