For this week please get all the lining pieces sewn together sleeves included, add the sleeves to the jacket as explained in class. I also gave hand outs with pictures of the steps. They are as follows to make life much easier for you if you didn't get them done in class follow this procedure:
- pin sleeve to jacket
- hand baste the sleeve starting from the top (point C) and work your way down matching points A and B
- try on the jacket
- Once satisfied with the sleeve hang machine stitch in place starting from the bottom (point D) and work your way around. DO NOT STITCH OVER THE FRONT STAY. DO stitch over the back stay if you have one.
- Add the re-enforcement to the sleeve cap as shown in class
- Press/steam on a sleeve board to give its' shape
- Add twill tape around the armhole DO NOT PULL THE TWILL TAPE just let it go naturally under the machine
- Baste shoulder pad in place
Next week is the final week and we will be adding the lining to the jacket in a specific manner so it is imparative to have all the components ready to go on Monday otherwise you will not understand it even if I try to explain it, this is something that must be seen and tried to grasp it. Please bring in some safety pins for next week. If you have your buttons we can aim to have the buttonholes done as well.
Have a great week.