- create a mock up from one of the two dresses drafted in class last night. If you are unsure how to realize the princess lines, then create the sheath dress (graphic #1
- cut out the pattern leaving 3 cm seam allowance at the side seams and shoulders only. Do not leave any seam allowances on the hemline, neckline and armholes, this is a mock up not a real dress.
- when sewing match the waistline and hipline at the side seams, the armholes may or may not be equal, this is fine, just leave the excess, if any, uncut we will cover that in class next week. There is an adjustment to do in the draft stage, but everyone was pretty saturated with adjustments, so it was not covered.
- the other thing is to draft graphic #3 the princess line from the armhole, remember the draft is exactly as graphic #2, with only one difference, the line coming from the armhole and it is shown where to place it.
- please bring in the mock up, pattern used and the new draft as well. Don't forget to bring in your pins, we will be fitting the mock ups in class.
- there will be a test next week so please know our little drafting 2-step.... 1,2,3 slide, 4, 5, 6! Study the scales and the letters, fixed rules etc.
Hello all, hope you enjoyed last night's class, I know I did! Here is your homework assignment for this week:
Maria Calautti, Jack of all trades!