The bride only had her linings to look at today as 70% of the work is underneath. I had to see the shape of the dress and the fit of the bustier, both were very good although the bustier still needs the hook and eye tape at the back but we got the general idea. The bride was happy with how the lace and fabric looked together as well, I already knew they would work well together but she was not so sure, now she is!
So I went from sophisticated evening wear to fixing little boys shirts for snow cross or something to that effect :) I have to take a men's small shirt and fix it to fit a 5 year old boy and an 8 year old boy! This in itself is a challenge but then there is the equipment that is worn underneath for protection that add a new twist to job. For the 8 year old boy I actually have to re-jig the neckline at the back by scooping it out so it will fit around the brace without pulling the front to the back, the sleeves on both counts are waaaaayyyyyy to long so they have to be cut but not too much so because they are going to grow and these shirts will have to fit them as they grow. Suffice it to say it has been an interesting day!