We analysed the pattern extensively then proceeded to draft, in the midst of all this there was also a pop quiz on how to prepare the armhole so the numbers can be used to draft the sleeve, they aced it!!!
But there is homework
Homework is to sew together the dress only, the collar, self-facing and sleeves will be sewn in the next class to finish the mock up
- Cut out mock up, mark pocket placement with tailor tacks
- Transfer all pertinent markings using notches as well as clippies to mark seam allowances
- Cut back on the fold as there is no centre back seam on this garment
- Cut out collar on the fold as well as an ultra lightweight fusible interfacing (tricot will work well)
- Sew the yoke to the front as discussed in class by creating pleats where the remainder of the base darts are and joining them to the yoke
- Once that is done proceed to sew together the side and shoulder seams
have a great couple of weeks!