We booked the trip on Tuesday night and on Wednesday I made a pair of knit capri leggings (not pictured) I had the pattern already made, on Sunday I had made a pair for the gym, so I knew they would fit it was just a matter of cutting and sewing. With my new cover stitch machine the work is cut down exponentially, it took 30 minutes from start to finish!
On Thursday I felt I needed a couple of new tops so I proceeded to find fabric in my "stash" that were earmarked for such a project and started to cut them both out at the same time. By working on them concurrently I managed to finish them very quickly especially when one considers I had multiple interruptions for the daily grind, phone calls, emails etc! Top number 1 just squeaked out of the 1 metre of fabric, good job it was very wide!
Found the fabric used for the boyfriend shirt quite by accident, forgot I had it, does this happen to anyone else? Anyway I got inspired so I pulled out the pattern and did a quick placement, only 1.2 M of this fabric! Got the components on the fabric with almost 1 cm seam allowance, yup this will do, I cut the shirt out at 3:00 pm on Friday. As my students know the yoke should have been cut out with the stripes going horizontally, didn't have enough fabric for that so I matched the lines and cut it out vertically, didn't even have enough fabric for the armhole facings! I'm particularly happy with the collar on this shirt, the special interfacing actually worked to fuse to the fabric!
Today I'm packing finally! I have 3 new tops and two new leggings to bring with me the total cost being the cost of 2 zippers and some elastic! Can't beat that!!!