We are going to Skype early in the week so he can work on the finishing touches on Thursday on the jacket. The wedding he is wearing the suit to is on Friday if you can believe it! It was quite an undertaking for a student to WANT to make a suit this early in his studies to actually wear to a function! It is a lot of work to successfully complete this at this stage of experience AND such a short timeline. All this plus he made the groom's shirt with French cuffs, imagine having the courage to make the most important garment a man will wear in his life while still a student!!! That takes guts.
Homework is to:
- Add twill tape to canvas front
- Add fusible interfacing to hem allowances, vents and front facing (this in its entirety)
- Add fusible interfacing to sleeve hem allowance and vent as well
- Sew the sleeve lining on to the lining, we will be “bagging” the lining on this jacket rather than adding the collar by hand
- Sew together the sleeves with one mitered corner and one just stitched as shown in class demo
- When ready we will Skype to add the collar (both upper and under), do the rollino on the sleeve cap on jacket and whatever else we can do to be ready for the finishing in class